I’m kind of having a freakout that summer is almost gone! Thank goodness I prioritised finding a new signature summer scent at the start of the season! I really feel like it flew by this year, and therefore I’ve made a list for myself (and you!) of 5 things to do before summer is over.
1. Have a picnic at the beach – This is definitely at the top of my list. Growing up I used to spend all day every day at the beach in the summer and I would spend hours soaking up the sun with the occasional splash in the water. Now that I’m older I am much more conscious about the time I spend in the sun, so I find I rarely go to the beach. I really feel like I take it for granted sometimes! If you live by the beach, make some of your favorite sandwiches, put some fruit or hummus and veggies in a container, (maybe a bottle of wine?) and head to the seaside. If you don’t live by the beach, I would find the nearest park that’s really pretty and set up a picnic spot there.
2. See an outdoor movie – Jesse and I have done this before and it’s SO much fun! Check out your local city’s events and see if there are any outdoor movies going on at a local park or the beach. We saw Casablanca at a local park and had a full spread of snacks and dinner and it was the most romantic, fun experience.
3. Make your own fruity drink concoction – I always feel so accomplished when I make a new drink and it’s delicious (case in point here), and fruity drinks just remind me of summer. Invite your best girlfriends over, and have everyone bring a drink recipe (non-alcoholic would be fun too if you’re not of drinking age or don’t drink!) then make your drinks together and taste test each one.
4. Go to an outdoor concert – Outdoor concerts are my favorite. I’m not usually a big concert person because I’m short, can’t see, feel claustrophobic, but outdoor concerts are a different story. I feel like I can breathe, and I can usually see better because it’s either stadium seating, or I can walk far enough back that I’m not right behind someone who is 6 feet tall. Outdoor concerts just remind me of summertime, and some of my favorite memories are from them.
5. Watch the sunset – This is another thing I totally take for granted. My friend Abby and her husband are so amazing at watching the sunset each night. They live by the beach so oftentimes they head down there to catch it, or they’ll watch it from their patio. I feel like since I don’t have a great sunset view from my place, I forget about it a lot, but I’m definitely going to have some sunset wine by the beach before summer is over.
I hope you guys can appreciate the 5 things I mentioned, and if you have any suggestions of things to add leave them down below!
Shop The Post:
Photos: Gabi Wells