Chocolate and peanut butter always
make for a magical combination. These truffle balls have an extra twist to
them – M&M’s® Brand Baking
Bits! They are a special version of M&M’s® Brand candy made
specifically for baking, reminiscent of M&M’s® Brand Minis. I mixed a
few into this recipe to add some extra crunch and flavor. Plus, they’re
colorful and fun.
looks, so it’s perfect for holiday events when you want to whip up a lot of
quick but impressive recipes without stress. Or if you want to leave Santa
peanut butter truffle balls instead of cookies this year…what do you say?
time: 10 minutes | Serves: 20
- ½ bag milk chocolate M&M’s® Brand Baking Bits
- 3 Tbsp. butter or dairy-free butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. shortening, plus 1 tsp., optional
- ¼ cup peanut butter chocolate chips
1. Line a baking pan or sheet with waxed paper.
2. Mix the butter and peanut butter in a medium bowl until blended. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until a dough-like consistency forms. Mix in the M&M’s® Brand baking bits.
3. Roll the dough into 1” balls. The dough should yield about 20 total.
4. Place the dough in the fridge for no less than 30 minutes.
5. After the dough has been in the fridge, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in the microwave.
6. Using a fork, dip the balls one by one into the chocolate. Make sure to wipe off any extra chocolate on the edge of the bowl. Place back into the fridge for 10 minutes when they’re coated.
7. Melt the peanut butter chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in microwave. Drizzle on top of truffle balls.
8. Place back in the fridge for 15 minutes. Enjoy!