Berry pies remind me of summertime, and these mini mixed berry pies are no exception. There’s something so refreshing about a tart treat on a hot summer day. I especially love these for their miniature size, which makes them the perfect portion for a little treat.
Even if you aren’t a pro in the kitchen, you will find these mini pies are surprisingly easy to make (they actually look a lot harder to make than they are). I think because they are mini sized, it’s easy to get the crusts that perfect crispy brown, and the juicy berries provide a delicious filling. I definitely wouldn’t skimp on the lemon juice or cinnamon … as I think those two ingredients really make this recipe. The tartness of the lemon and the spice of the cinnamon provide a great balance, and the result is so tasty.
Cook Time: 30 min. | Prep Time: 15 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 8 ounces blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- Sprinkle granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lay the pie crusts out on parchment paper. Use a bowl or glass with a diameter of approximately 4½” to cut circles out of the dough. Turn the glass upside-down and carefully trace around the rim with the point of a knife, similar to how you use a cookie cutter (make 4 circles in one pie crust).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chopped strawberries and whole blueberries. Add the berries along with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon juice, and gently toss with fruit to coat.
- Lay one of the circle pie crusts onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place approximately ¼ cup of the fruit mixture in the center of the pie crust, leaving the edges clear. Bring up the edges, overlapping where necessary until all the edges are around the fruit center. Press the parts where the edges overlap to help ensure they stay around the fruit (very important).
- Sprinkle the tops of the pies with granulated sugar.
- Bake the mini pies in the oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Serve warm or cooled, with a scoop of ice cream (optional).
This content was created in partnership with Kroger Family Stores using free products provided by Kroger.