This post is in partnership with Bed Bath & Beyond, a brand I
love. All opinions here are my own.
Since the day we got engaged in September, I’ve been full steam ahead on finding a venue. Finding a venue was 100% the most stressful part thus far. I hated every second of the search. But now that we’ve secured our venue (more on that to come!), we get to focus on the fun things — like registering! I have honestly dreamed about upgrading our kitchen appliances and home necessities for years, so I am so excited to be able to start the wedding registry process.
Jesse and I have lived together for a loooooong time, so for us it’s less about getting the “essentials” and more about upgrading things! Confession: I’ve been using the SAME pots and pans from college.
We started the process with an appointment in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond which was SO much more fun than I could have possibly imagined. First off, the ladies at the wedding registry department were beyond helpful and knowledgable and that is SO important.
You can register online as well as in-person which is great because while it might be easy to register for a lot of things online (for example appliances), some things are better seen in person. Things like pillows, comforters, sheets, blankets, robes, and even dishware are a must-see in person so you can touch them and make sure you like the texture and feel of them.
I love Bed Bath & Beyond for many reasons but a major one is how they have everything. Truly anything you could ever want or need is at Bed Bath and Beyond. They even have pet products! I also love how they frequently offer coupons so your guests can use those while shopping for you! A win for everyone. You also get a 20% off completion offer for registering, as well as a 20% off 1st anniversary gift!
Bed Bath & Beyond is an all-in-one wedding registry, which means you can register for products, experiences, AND honeymoon and cash funds.
I also love how easy it is to make returns & exchanges. The last thing you want to do after a wedding is worry about all the returns and exchanges, but sometimes it’s inevitable and Bed Bath & Beyond makes it easy.
That said, keep scrolling to see what we ended up getting and my recommendations for what items you NEED on your wedding registry!
The main things we wanted to focus on were kitchen appliances and gadgets. I’ve been doing more cooking than I ever have before and I definitely needed some more quality kitchen items.
- Neoflam 7 Piece Cookware Set – I cannot say enough good things about these pots and pans. They make cooking SO enjoyable. They’re nonstick, PTFE/PFOA-free, and they are aesthetically pleasing at the same time.
- Breville The Smart Oven Pro – This is definitely one of those products you don’t know you need till you have it. We had a regular two-slice toaster that got used for avocado toast and the occasional bagel and otherwise took up counterspace. This is now my new best friend. I make a “me size” portion of fresh roasted veggies almost daily and at night when I only want a couple of cookies, it’s so easy to do that rather than heat up the whole oven. If you and your fiancé don’t have a toaster oven, you gotta get one.
- Vitamix a2500 Ascent Series Blender – If you don’t have a Vitamix in your life yet, this a MUST register for. I had a much smaller Vitamix and it was time to upgrade as I use it daily. I make smoothies, sauces, soups, batters, literally everything in here. This is a game changer!
- OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Steamer – I don’t know what took me so long to get this gadget, but this product is great. It’s compact, fits most pans and gets the job done.
- Leifheit French Fry Potato Cutter – We are obsessed with making our own “healthy” french fries so this gadget was a must. It slices your potatoes into perfect french fry shapes in literally seconds. Huge time saver in the kitchen!
- Ascent Designer Series Slim 2 Step Stool – I’m only 5’3″ and in a small kitchen, we NEED to use all of our cabinet space. This step stool has made life easier for me. I slide it in between the fridge and the wall so it’s out of sight, but it’s sturdy and gives me the height I need to safely reach everything.
I’m a beverage gal so my beverage station got a huge upgrade. I usually start my mornings with a latte and end the day with a tea and I knew I wanted the BEST espresso machine and the most fun perk – a tea kettle to match. Smeg appliances are so chic, I’m obsessed. I was tempted to do a fun color but I think the classic black is a safe, timeless option.
- Smeg 50’s Retro Style Espresso Maker – I’m a bit of a coffee snob so when it came time to upgrade the coffee machine, I knew I wanted a manual espresso machine. We make lattes that are as good as the coffee shop in this thing! It will be a huge money saver in the long run.
- Smeg 50’s Retro Style Kettle – Electric kettles are amazing if you love not only tea, but we use ours for boxed ramen and oatmeal too! This one is gorgeous, enough said.
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Sorrento Plus Latte Mugs – I’ll admit, I watch The Kardashians (guilty pleasure) and Kourtney has these huge, clear mugs in her house that I’ve been dying to get my hands on. I was SO excited to see Bed Bath & Beyond had these.
We also really wanted to upgrade our dinnerware and glasses. I’ve never had any nice, matching dinnerware that I felt good about hosting people with. We definitely wanted to get something that would look nice if we had guests over, but also be practical for everyday use. We don’t have a ton of extra space to have dishes we don’t use!
- Gibson Elite Rhinebeck Double Bowl 16-Piece Dinnerware Set – I love how these look handmade. They’re dishwasher and microwave safe too!
- Fitz and Floyd Trestle Goblets – Everything looks better in these goblets. I love even just having water in them – I feel fancy and I’m sure our guests will too.
Probably the most random wedding registry item, but one that is super hyped right now (and for good reason) — the weighted blanket! I originally got it for my side of the bed, but it’s become our couch blanket which is also extremely dangerous – warning: you will fall asleep under this!
- Therapedic Reversible Weighted Blanket – We went with the 12lb but could have totally done more. 12lb is great if you’re apprehensive of weighted blankets. I love that this one has a cover that zips on and off for easy washing.
Next thing that was a MUST upgrade for us was a good vacuum cleaner. We have two dogs and the occasional foster dog which means THREE furry friends in our house at any given time.
- Dyson v11 Torque Drive Cord-Free Stick Vaccuum – I’ve heard good things about Dyson vacuums but WOW. This thing is so powerful and it’s cordless which makes it SO fun to use.
Another upgrade – bedding! We’ve had the same cheap duvet covers we alternate for years. They’ve definitely lost that crisp, white look that makes beds look like they’re out of a magazine.
- Kassatex Paloma Reversible Duvet Cover & Shams – I especially love this duvet cover because it has two sides – one textured, one smooth – so if you can’t agree on a style, this is a great option!
- Lucid 2-Inch 5-Zone Lavender Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper – I firmly believe there is no limit to how cozy a bed can be. If you’re feeling stuck on what to register for, this mattress topper is a great upgrade that will make your bed feel extra comfy.
Registering from the comfort of your bed is nice, but there’s nothing quite like the in-store wedding registry experience at Bed Bath & Beyond. It’s so nice to talk to someone who knows the products inside and out and also understands the registry process. It’s not every day you get to register for your dream items!
Let me know if you guys have any questions about the registering process at Bed Bath & Beyond! We had so much fun and registered for everything we could possibly need!