Nothing says spring better than flower-infused cocktails, right? There’s something refreshing about a cocktail with a mix of floral and citrus flavors in the same mix. This Lavender Collins Cocktail is the perfect mix of sweet (from a lavender-infused syrup) and tart (from lemon juice). The club soda topping gives it a nice sparkling twist.
This is a more floral take on the classic Tom Collins cocktail, but to be honest, I don’t think it can even compare! Once you try this, the classic will never be the same.
Cook time: 2 minutes | Prep time: 5 minutes | Serves: 1
2 oz. gin
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
3 oz. club soda
1 cup water
3 Tbsp. fresh or dried lavender flowers
2 cups sugar
1. Bring water and lavender to a boil in a saucepan, using a wooden spoon to stir in the sugar until it’s completely dissolved.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow syrup to cool.
3. After it’s cooled, strain the lavender from the syrup. The syrup will keep for up to one week in the refrigerator.
4. Stir gin, lemon juice and syrup in a glass or in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and top with club soda.
5. Garnish with a lavender stalk and a slice of lemon.
This content was created in partnership with Kroger Family Stores using free products provided by Kroger.
Not only does this look like it tastes amazing, it's such a pretty drink too! Perfect for an early spring brunch!